As adults we carry roughly 3.6 kg of skin around. It’s our largest organ and acts as a defense to outside free radicals. We spend a lot of time boosting our Magnesium levels topically through the skin. So, how do we make sure we’re absorbing the most we can from Magnesium? Well, this easy homemade scrub may be just the thing our skin needs.*
Benefits of Coffee
- Reduces redness & inflammation
- Antioxidants detox skin from damaging free radicals
- Exfoliates skin, removing dead skin cells
- Improves circulation
Benefits of Coconut Oil
- Acts as a natural antibacterial & anti fungal treatment
- Moisturisers and softens skins
- Protects skin against free radicals
Benefits of Magnesium
- Relieve general skin conditions
- Balance the skins pH levels
- Increase Magnesium levels
Whether you are gifting or using this as part of your own routine, you can make as little or as much as you like, with this easy 1:1 ratio recipe.
- Organic Coffee Grounds
- Coconut Oil
- Amazing Oils Magnesium Flakes / Oil
- Jar for storing
- Mix equal parts (1 tbsp each) coffee grounds, Amazing Oils Magnesium Flakes or Oil & coconut oil together until mixed together completely (you can melt down the coconut oil if desired, preferably on the stove).
- Store in an air tight container.
- Apply to body and scrub in circular motion.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Use 1-2 times per week or as desired.
You will find that the coconut oil and magnesium will prime your skin for maximum magnesium absorption. If you experience any sensitivity using topical magnesium after the scrub, dilute Amazing Oils Magnesium Spray with water in a 1:1 ratio.
*This scrub recipe has been adapted. Originally posted on collectivelychristine.com
Products related to this article